LEVEL 4: TRAUMA-INFORMED SANDTRAY PLAY THERAPY
Day 1 - Based on the content of this workshop, I am able to:
1. Describe 3 key aspects of explaining trauma-informed neuroscience in Play Therapy and Sandtray Therapy with adult clients.
2. Discuss 1 way to calm a dysregulated nervous system in an adult client in a Sandtray & Play Therapy session.
3. Utilize a trauma-informed lens to see adults client’s risky behavior while in a Sandtray & Play Therapy session.
4. Explain current examples of trauma and trauma triggers to adult clients in a Sandtray & Play Therapy session.
5. Demonstrate 3 trauma-informed practices, such as Mindfulness Grounding to use with adult clients in a Sandtray & Play Therapy session.
6. List 4 categories of trauma-informed miniatures a play therapist should include in a sandtray collection geared to adults in a Sandtray & Play Therapy session.
Level 4 - continued
Day 2 - Based on the content of this workshop, I am able to:
7. List 3 question prompts or observations that therapists can use in witnessing and/or processing sandtrays with adults who are experience fight, flight, freeze trauma responses in a Sandtray & Play Therapy session.
8. Apply 2 trauma-informed body-based directive activities to use with adults during a Sandtray & Play Therapy session.
9. Describe 1 way that the sandtray of an adult who has experienced trauma. would differ from the tray of an older school-age child who has experienced trauma during a Play Sandtray Therapy session.
10. Identify at least 1 non-directive which is a trauma-informed co-regulating sandtray-play therapy activity to use with adults.
11. Explain the 3 stages of trauma recovery and what it looks like in the sandtray & play therapy session.
12. Demonstrate 2 sandtray play therapy wellness interventions for treating trauma.
JOIN OUR SANDTRAY TRIBE!!